Get Inside Recdi8's Interior Design Project in Barcelona
Get Inside Recdi8’s Interior Design Project in Barcelona
With the mission of making every client’s home the coziest place possible, Recdi8 Studio is one of the names to follow when it comes to interior design nowadays. Comparing home decoration with fashion, we could say any home decorating project made by Recdi8’s team will be as a tailor-made suit that perfectly fits. Every client has different needs and their home should match their personality.
Alex Baeza, Albert Viudez and Norbert Frei’s plan is always to recreate your dream home and make it the most comfortable, practical, beautiful and unique as it can be.
That being said, we met with Norbert Frei for a little chat that we would like to share with you.
How and why did you get into the interior design Industry?
– Recdi8 opened a small studio in 1999 in the Born district in Barcelona. The nowadays booming tourist district was then a hotspot for the creatives with small art galleries, arts and crafts etc. Our address was Carrer Rec Nº18, thats there name of the studio is coming from.
How would you describe your style? Do you have a signature touch?
– We do unique projects. Our clients are unique and so are their homes.
Is there anything exciting that you are working on at the moment that you can tell us about? Any new projects?
– We are in the inicial project phase for a huge ‘finca’ in the south of Spain.
Where did you draw your inspiration from for this project?
– We studied the origins of the building and the apartment itself, tried to recover the original elements and then we added unique finishing and furnishing, always related to the existing. According to the ‘art nouveau’ roots of the apartment we draw inspiration from nature , romanticism and rococo.
Which one is your favorite piece in this project?
– When we saw the NYMPH chandelier we knew immediately that it was the right piece for the master bedroom, NYMPH unified in one piece all the characteristic we were looking for: nature, romanticism, luxury, high quality, uniqueness.
What was the impression left on the client when you closed the door on the last day of the project?
– Happiness and pride. We became good friends with the owners during the project, we visited together galleries, antiquarians and even travelled together through the south of France looking for unique pieces for the apartment.
In what magazines will this project be covered?
– For the moment it is confirmed to be published in AD Russia.
What are your biggest projects and challenges?
– The project: We converted a showroom of local fashion accessories brand into the residence of an art collector.
– The challenge: We are working always as a team.
Do you only decorate for private residences?
– The Nymph chandelier by KOKET is placed in a Private Residence in Barcelona. We usually only do private residences. But recently we did the Mary Boone Bar (Cocktail bar) in Barcelona, in vogue for local and international creatives and business people.
Could you make a small description of your company?
– We work with the best Spanish and foreign companies. Rather than limiting ourselves to just one design range, we offer the best of each style according to our client’s needs. Contemporary or classic, minimalist or ornate… we work with the style and language that each individual project dictates.
Contemporary or classic, minimalist or ornate. Recdi8 works with the style and language that each individual project dictates. Also, the complete Hermès furnishing fabrics and wallpapers collection is available at from cherished themes: horse, travel and fantasy is available at Recdi8. The collection revolves around three families: the Illustrative, the Graphic and the Plains and semi-plains.
If you have the time, don’t hesitate on going to Recdi8’s website and check out their beautiful projects. Usually focusing on neutral colors to create a welcoming and balanced ambiance, the style is always different in every project. With different but empowering pieces, this interior design team might have the answers you need for your new home.