7 Stylish Ponytail Ideas We Love from Instagram
Ponytails are popular and timeless not only because they look super cute, but also because they’re easy to create and versatile. These hairstyles fit any occasion, and you’re free to wear them up or down. On top of that, this hairdo keeps your hair out of your face on hot and humid days. These are just some of the reasons why many influencers and bloggers flaunt their stylish ponytail hairstyles on Instagram. So if you want to know the chicest types of ponytail hairstyles from Instagram, this article is for you! We combed through and dug deep into the social media platform to bring you a rundown of the best and most stylish types of ponytail hairstyles.
1. Wrapped Around
This is a beautiful yet straightforward low type of ponytail hairstyle. Wrapping some hair strands around the ponytail helps hide the hair tie. You can wear this hairstyle to the beach and on casual or formal occasions.
If your hair is not long or thick enough for this hairstyle, consider wearing a clip-in ponytail extension. It will add the length, volume, and thickness required for the wrapped around the ponytail.
- Make sure your hair is fully dry.
- Comb your hair thoroughly, so it is soft and smooth.
- Pull your hair into a low ponytail and fasten it with an elastic band or hair tie.
- Tease the ponytail a little bit to add volume.
- Take a piece of hair from underneath and wrap it around the hair tie or elastic band.
- Use a bobby pin to hold the hairpiece around the hair tie, and you’re good to go!
2. Bridal Ponytail
Want to wear a simple yet chic hairstyle on your big day? Consider the bridal ponytail! This clean and classic hairstyle is sure to make you stand out. Add some hair accessories to the mix, and you’ll make a bold statement with a glam and sophisticated look.
Don’t have enough hair to wear this graceful type of ponytail on your special day? Don’t worry because ponytail extensions are here to save the day. But be sure to choose premium-quality hair extensions from a reputable brand. After all, you want your hair to look entirely natural on your wedding day.
For example, you could consider wearing Zala ponytail hair extensions that are made from 100 percent Remy human hair. They’re silky-soft and blend seamlessly with your natural hair.
- Brush your hair while making sure to remove any knots or tangles.
- Take your hair, gather it at the back, and create a low ponytail.
- Tie the pony with an elastic band or hair tie.
- Take a piece of hair and tie it around the hairband, so it is fully hidden.
- Tease your hair to make it look fuller.
- Add your favorite hair accessories, such as pearl or shiny rhinestones, to create a sophisticated vibe.
3. Sleek and Glam High Ponytail
This sleek and stylish high type of ponytail features huge, gorgeous curls. This elegant celebrity hairstyle matches all outfits perfectly. The best part: it can even make your face look slimmer. But your hair must be healthy, thick, and at least medium length to get this hairstyle.
- Brush your hair thoroughly.
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a wide metal cuff elastic hairband, so the ponytail stands tall on your head.
- Use a hair teaser to add volume to the hair.
- Take a curling wand to add big curls to the hair passing through the metal cuff hairband.
- Casual and Chic Ponytail
4. Casual and Chic Ponytail
This type of ponytail hairstyle is for girls who want a careless, casual (and even a bit messy) vibe. It works best on both straight and curly hair. This is a versatile hairstyle, so you can always play around with it however you please. Another reason so many girls wear this casual and chic ponytail is that it is super easy to achieve.
- Take your hair and gather it at the back.
- Create a low ponytail while making sure it doesn’t look very tight and polished.
- Use a simple hairpin to hold the ponytail in place.
- Tease the hair to make it look fuller and casual.
- Oversized Ribbons
5. Oversized Ribbons
This hairstyle is similar to the sleek and glam type of ponytail, except that you’ll use a large hair ribbon to tie the ponytail. In fact, it’s the ribbon that gives this hairstyle a unique perspective. The bigger the ribbon, the more stylish your hairstyle!
- Gather your hair and pull it into a high ponytail.
- Leave a few hair strands loose at your ear level on both sides.
- Secure the ponytail with a large ribbon.
- Tease the hair passing through the ribbon for a messy effect. Or you could use a curling wand to create a unique effect with big curls.
- Pearly Line
6. Pearly Line
Pearls and straight hair look perfect together. Make this hairstyle look more elegant by wrapping a few hair strands around to create a ponytail. Layered hair will add extra oomph to your look.
- If your hair is already straight, then just comb it to ensure it’s smooth and silky. Otherwise, you can use a hair straightener to thoroughly straighten your hair.
- Now, gather your hair at the back near the nape of your neck.
- Remove a thick piece of hair from the bunch and wrap or twist it around the remaining hair segment to create a low ponytail.
- Secure the hairpiece with a bobby pin.
- Next, pin your favorite pearls where you wrapped the hairpiece at the back while ensuring it runs straight down the center of your hair.
- Flip and Twist
7. Flip and Twist
This is such a stylish and versatile type of ponytail hairstyle. The ponytail sits very high on your head, achieving a bold and charismatic look. The flip and twist ponytail is sure to turn heads on all occasions. It casts a polished and tidy vibe.
- Brush your hair to perfection, so it looks and feels super smooth.
- Gather your hair and pull it into a high ponytail on the crown of your head.
- Use a strong elastic band to hold the ponytail in place.
- Twist the hair passing through the elastic band to add an element of sophistication.
- Use a small elastic band to secure the twists at the end.