Eyebrow Feathering 101: The Pros and Cons To Make A Fashion Statement
People connect with an inner “fashion sense” for a variety of reasons, but we can’t deny that fashion is one of the best ways for us to express our uniqueness and innate creativity. However, when we talk of making a fashion statement, it’s not necessarily limited to buying clothes alone. Did you know eyebrow feathering can actually make a fashion statement for you? Do it right, and you can stun entire crowds with a single appearance. Do it wrong, though, and you have a recipe for a bad day. Here are some of its pros and cons.
Eyebrow Magic: Microblading, Microfeathering, Microshading?
When you want to make more stylistic eyebrows, it doesn’t immediately have to be microblading “or” microfeathering “or “microshading”. When you talk about eyebrow feathering, you can talk about it as a concept – but when you talk about doing it to yourself, you need to be precise down to the technique. Getting any of these techniques jumbled in the salon can spell a bad day. As much as professionals like www.microbladingeyebrowsalon.com can make assessments based on your preference, it’s helpful you’re aware of what you really want to do.
The aforementioned three are different techniques and approaches to eyebrow makeup that can help enhance your style – and they can be done separately or together to some capacity. Here’s a quick recap on their differences:
- Microblading deposits pigment into the superficial layers of your skin through a super-fine “pen” of 12 to 15 needles. Unlike a permanent tattoo, microblading only penetrates through the outer layers of the skin in strokes so fine they seem like real hair strokes. People like microblading because it’s natural and stimulates hair better.
- Microfeathering is a trademarked technique by Kristie Streicher. This is similar to microblading, where a very fine blade will make incisions in your brow area. Unlike the latter that makes most of the eyebrow, Streicher’s microfeathering will build upon your existing brow and just fills the “missing” pieces.
- Microshading is another technique that aims to replicate eyebrow powder effect, that in it makes your eyebrows look and seem much thicker. Instead of strokes with the other two, microshading stipples your eyebrow with repetitive pigment dots.
Fashion Statements: Beauty Works In Different Ways
If you’ve ever been invested in beauty products and treatments, or even in fashion, you may have likely realized that there’s no “one true way” of becoming stylish and fabulous. Guys and gals have different approaches to fashion – and as a lady, eyebrow feathering can make or break an impression. Here are some pros and cons:
Pros: Defining Your Style Without All The Hassle
Feathering your eyebrows with the techniques above can greatly enhance your style, allowing you to make your fashion statements much more refined and focused.
- You save time when doing your makeup: Feathering your eyebrows saves you a lot of time doing your makeup, which in itself is a statement. This tells people that beauty isn’t always about taking your time – it can be about being efficient and direct when it comes to your concerns. If you want something done, you do it immediately – and people who like affirmative action are always attractive.
- You get the look that you want: A lot of makeup options are available nowadays, but those that do make changes to your face tend to cost a lot and come with a lot of risks. Eyebrow feathering is a low-cost and low-risk way of getting your face to have the appearance you want, even though you’re making changes to your eyebrow. Your face plays a huge part of your identity as a person, and you being able to pull off the look you want is in itself a statement.
- You show self-care is in itself beautiful: A lot of people tend to stress out when it comes to their beauty regimens, and with good reason. However, if you spend and invest on eyebrow feathering, it shows that you’re willing to spend extra for self-care, and that’s important in today’s era of stress for appearances.
Cons: Beauty Comes With A Price
Feathering your eyebrows appears to be a testament that beauty does come with a price. If you want to make your fashion statement firmer, you’ll need to get your foot down with your eyebrow feathering needs.
- You’re risking getting out of trend: Like technological trends, beauty trends can go out of style very quickly and unexpectedly. Doing any of the techniques above puts you at risk of not being able to change styles when you want to, as some of these procedures last for as long as three (3) years. If you’re the kind of person to want to change styles whenever possible, feathering eyebrows might be extending the wait for you.
- You’re willing to be pained for beauty: Of course, not all makeup procedures are comfortable. The aforementioned techniques above, in particular, use a very small blade to make marks on your skin, which can cause discomfort even with numbing cream. This lets everyone know that you’re willing to undergo pain for the sake of fashion which, for some, can seem a bit excessive.
- You’re going to spend money for beauty: A lot of people tend to, unfortunately, judge individuals for the effort they put in on something, which means people who like spending money on stuff that improves them can put them in a bad light. While spending money for beauty treatments is a good way to show you’re willing to spend for self-care, for others this might seem like you’re taking a shortcut for comfort.
The Takeaway: Making A Fashion Statement With Your Eyebrows
If you’ve ever wanted to add a bit of spice to your personal fashion style, you may not need to buy a lot of expensive clothing. If anything, you may really just need quite a few adjustments to emphasize beautiful elements of your face. For instance, get yourself a good eyebrow feathering and you’re likely going to add the pizzazz you want. Not everyone is fit for eyebrow feathering though, and sometimes feathering can make a stunning or an unappealing impression, depending on how it’s executed. Hopefully, the above has helped you gain some insight towards eyebrow feathering and its pros and cons.
About the Author Hayley Williams:
Hayley Williams is a fashion and beauty enthusiast that loves navigating her way around the latest trends and styles surrounding her niche. As a contributor for sites such as Microblading Eyebrow Salon, Hayley has made it her personal mission to make sure her pieces are enough to excite readers and update them on the newest trends and styles in the fashion scene without overwhelming them. If she’s not busy, she loves shopping and trying out new clothes.