7 Tips for Choosing Luxurious Wedding Dresses
Have you always dreamt about a luxurious wedding dress? The time to have the most exquisite wedding dress ever has come. Now, you are a bride-to-be and it’s time to start the search of your perfect wedding dress.
However, shopping for luxurious wedding dresses may considerably differ from shopping for traditional or inexpensive gowns. In order to get prepared, check out the following tips.
- Study the trends. Before visiting a wedding boutique, study what the latest trends in wedding fashion are. When you are planning a luxurious wedding, your dress must be fashionable. The only exceptions are iconic wedding dresses, which never go out of style.
- Understand what you want. You need to find out what silhouettes and dress designs you like. If you have already chosen your favorite wedding dress designer, visit his/her site and define the dresses you want to try on.
- Consider various silhouettes. Though luxury wedding dresses are more associated with princess-style gowns, you can find gorgeous and expensive dresses in all the possible silhouettes. For instance, sheath wedding dresses look no less luxurious than ball gowns if they are made of expensive lace or are heavily beaded. A-line, mermaid and empire waist dresses may also have a luxury touch. Remember: while choosing the wedding dress, you need to pay attention to how flattering it is for your body. The luxury and other details are secondary as the dress needs to highlight all your merits and hide imperfections.
- Opt for perfect fit. While we can allow some imperfections in the way affordable wedding dresses fit, luxurious wedding gowns must fit you perfectly. If you have some doubts, it’s better to do some alterations so that the gown looks brilliantly on you.
- Don’t overdo the luxury. Undoubtedly, you must look gorgeous in your wedding dress, but it’s important not to overdo the luxury factor. A gown, which is covered with Swarovski crystals from top to bottom, will be a great variant for a royal-styled wedding. However, it will look out of place at an outdoor wedding ceremony in the backyard. Consider the location and format of the wedding as you choose your wedding dress.
- Avoid buying luxury wedding gowns online. Many online stores offer luxurious wedding dresses with huge discounts. However, the chances of getting a dress which doesn’t look like the one in the image or with defects are pretty high. You can buy wedding dresses online, but only if you are confident in the seller or the fact that the store really sells brand-new designer wedding gowns.
- Complement the look with accessories. In fact, luxurious wedding dresses are rather self-sufficient and look astonishing even without accessories. However, we recommend complementing your bridal look with a veil and/or beautiful headpiece, jewelry, and some other pieces, which you consider to be appropriate.
So, now you are ready for the luxurious wedding dress shopping experience. Find a gown which looks gorgeous, flatters your body type, helps to show your personality, and suits your wedding format. Of course, luxury designer wedding gowns are expensive, but they are definitely worth their price tag as they will surely help you create an unforgettable bridal look! And don’t forget to make other luxury statements at your wedding. Choose the appropriate location, décor, entertainment, wedding invitations and accessories for the ultimate day to remember!