Five Cocktails To Try This Father's Day
Five Cocktails To Try This Father’s Day
If you want to treat dad to something special to sip on while celebrating Father’s Day, here are five cocktails to try whether dad likes it on the rocks or wants something more complex layered with flavor.
1. Father’s Day Delight: Spice up a traditional on the rocks cocktail with a kick of pepper.
– 2oz / 50ml Belvedere Unfiltered
– 1 twist of cracked Black Pepper
Directions: Stir all ingredients over cubed ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a cucumber slice.
2. Gentleman Ginger: For dads who like sake, this recipe adds an easy yet unexpected twist.
– 1 oz. TY KU Sake Black
– 1 oz. Ginger Ale
Directions Stir ingredients over ice.
3. Dolce Domani: For dads who usually indulge in a glass of wine, this cocktail is similar in flavor to sangria.
– 3 oz. Ecco Domani Merlot
– 1 Lime
– 2.5 tsp. of Sugar
Directions Muddle half a lime with the sugar until all the juice is extracted. Add merlot. Pour into a shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into a lowball glass and garnish with a lime spiral.
4. Basil Hayden’s Bourbon Daddy: Mixologist JP Caceres created a cocktail which dads whose favorite spirit is bourbon will appreciate.
– 2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
– 1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
– 1/2 part Agave Syrup
– 1 Egg White
– 3 Sage Leaves
– 4 Pink Peppercorns
Directions: Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and muddle the sage leaves and pink peppercorns. Add ice and shake. Double strain into an old fashioned glass filled with ice and garnish with a sage leaf.
5. Imperial Pomegranate: For dads who favor gin, this cocktail is refreshing with layers of flavor.
– 2 oz. New Amsterdam Gin
– 1 oz. Pomegranate Liqueur
– 2-3 Slices of muddled Ginger
– 2-3 Slices of muddled Lemon
– 2-3 Slices of muddled Cucumber
– 1 oz. Simple Syrup
– Pomegranate Seeds
Directions Combine, shake and strain all ingredients into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
By Nicole Barylski | Via: Hamptons